1. Allowed Search Engines
Lens Catalogue Pay Per Click (PPC) Policy
2. Lens Catalogue and Manufacturer Trademarks
- Bidding is allowed on Google, Yahoo, and MSN with a few restrictions listed herein.
- Bidding on all other search engines is permitted with no restrictions.
- Clause 3. below (Competitor Terms) in the PPC Policy must be followed on all Pay Per Click search engines and advertisements.
Lens Catalogue terms include all of the following and any potential misspellings not shown here:
- Affiliates may bid on Lens Catalogue trademark terms on Google, Yahoo, and MSN including the international versions of all three.
- There are no trademark restrictions on other Pay Per Click search engines including ASK, Find What, etc.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use www.lenscatalogue.co.uk in the display URL at any PPC search engine. Alternative spellings of our domain name are not permitted as well including but not limited to www.lenscatalogue.com, www.lenscatalog.co.uk, www.lens-catalogue.co.uk, etc. See direct linking policy below for additional information.
- Affiliates are permitted to use Lens Catalogue trademarks in the URL to the right of the domain in the display URL. Example: www.yoursite.com/lenscatalogue.
- Affiliates may not include “Official Site” or make representations that your advertisement is Lens Catalogue in anyway.
- Affiliates may bid on Lens Catalogue + “term” on Google, Yahoo, and MSN. Example – “lenscatalogue vouchers”, “lens catalogue voucher codes”, etc. There are no bid amount restrictions on trademark + “term” phrases.
- You may bid on manufacturer specific terms although some manufacturers have blocked the use of their terms on various search engines without prior permission.
3. Competitors Terms
May not bid on competitors terms including the following and all possible misspellings not included:
ASDA Contact Lenses
Sainsbury Contact Lenses
4. Direct to Merchant / Landing Pages
- Direct to Merchant bidding is permitted on Google, Yahoo, and MSN so long as our domain is not used as the display URL. Direct to Merchant is defined as any PPC advertisement that goes through an affiliate link direct to www.lenscatalogue.co.uk instead of to an affiliate landing page.
- Domain misspellings are not allowed in the display URL for direct to merchant advertising including but not limited to www.lenscatalog.com, www.lenscatalogue.net, www.lenscatalog.co.uk, etc.
- Affiliates bidding on Lens Catalogue trademarks may not use a landing page that includes advertisements for competitors. Example – An affiliate bids on the term “lenscatalogue.co.uk”. The landing page must be entirely dedicated to Lens Catalogue and must not have “other offer” type marketing verbiage showing competitor offers.
6. Ad copy restrictions
- Geo-Targeting is allowed on all search engines so long as all policies regarding display URL are followed.
- Geo-Targeting to avoid enforcement of the Lens Catalogue PPC Policy is strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate removal and reversal of all commissions up to 30 days prior to the date of the PPC violation.
- International Geo-Targeting is allowed so long as the advertisement is truthful in Lens Catalogue international policies. Example – Affiliates may not mention free shipping on international orders, taxes are not included, etc.
- International affiliates may not use an Lens Catalogue display URL on any search engine including but not limited to www.lenscatalogue.co.uk, www.lenscatalogue.ca, www.lenscatalogue.ie, and any related misspellings.
7. Exclusions, Penalties, and Notifications
- Truth in advertising – All affiliates are required to be truthful about any advertisement representing Lens Catalogue including information surrounding rebate, coupon, and sales offers.
- Do not represent your advertisement as an official Lens Catalogue endorsed advertisement or site.
- Lens Catalogue reserves the right to exclude any or all of our PPC policy for individual affiliates at our sole discretion.
- Excluded affiliates will be required to agree via signed contract to any exclusion permitted herein. Do not assume exclusion via verbal or written communication.
- Affiliates will receive one warning and be given 48 business hours to comply with any PPC violations. A 2nd violation will result in termination of the affiliate relationship and may be cause for reversal of past commissions earned up to 30 days prior to the 2nd violation. See section below for the exception to this policy.
- Affiliates found using Geo-Targeting features at search engines to avoid enforcement of the Lens Catalogue PPC Policy will be immediately removed from the Lens Catalogue affiliate program, have all
- commissions reversed up to 30 days prior to the violation date, and be immediately reported to the Affiliate Network for investigation.
- From time to time, Lens Catalogue may review the PPC policy for changes in the way search engines operate or changes in Lens Catalogue’s philosophy. Any changes made to the PPC Policy will be announced via the Lens Catalogue affiliate newsletter and posted on the Lens Catalogue website. Affiliates will be given no less than 7 business days to comply with any new PPC terms before a 1st violation will be cited on the affiliates account.
Violations of the Lens Catalogue PPC Policy may be reported to email@example.com. Please have all applicable proof in your email including but not limited to screen shots of the ad, geographical location of the ad, URL/Network tracking information, and search engine where the ad was found.